Sunday, April 24, 2011

Goblin Valley


We went on our first camping trip of the season last weekend to Goblin Valley. The kids absolutely loved it. Goblin Valley is the perfect camping destination for little kids. Oliver was in heaven climbing all over the rock formations, he insisted on climbing to the top of every single one and gave Sam and I several heart attacks in the process. On our hike through Little Wild Horse Canyon we spent most of our energies coaxing him down off the cliffs. Sam thinks he is a born rock climber, we'll see.

While Ruby wasn't quite able (or allowed) to scale the cliffs with Ollie, she was every bit as content sitting and piling dirt on top of herself. She was absolutely filthy for two straight days and loved every minute of it. While she had no problem covering herself in dirt, she still freaked out when she got any kind of food on her fingers - I guess everyone has their limits. The other highlight was the time spent sitting around the campfire and of course the fact that we got to go with our good friends and even my sister and her husband joined us for a while. Camping is always better with good company.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. My camera died a few hours into the trip, I will post more pics when I get some copies from our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment