Oliver turned four in August. I can't believe that it was over four years ago that we brought him home from the hospital absolutely clueless as to how a baby will change you (and your life) forever. Oliver is a blessing and I am grateful everyday that I have the privilege of being his mom.

This year Oliver got to have his first ever friend birthday party. I was torn about what kind of a party to do knowing that it would be a pretty good mix of boys and girls until Oliver asked if we could do his party around his favorite book, "The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear." Genius.


These are the invitations that we sent out.



And of course I couldn't resist doing a cake to match!! Everything but the spoon is edible (I ran out of time to make one ; )

At the part we read the book and then played all kinds of strawberry, mouse and bear themed games.


We also had a treasure hunt with picture clues that led to . . .

A red, ripe strawberry pinata!


Here is the birthday party gang (minus the birthday boy). From the left we have, Bailee, Mylee, Levin, Addie, Max, Haegen and Braeden. I guess it wasn't the whole gang because Hadley and Kristen are missing too.

And of course there were presents. Do you want to know Oliver's favorite part? Running in circles with all his friends. Before the party that was all he really wanted to do so in-between games I had them run circles around my empty basement. After it was over and Oliver only remembered the circles I wondered why I went to all that work. Next year it will be a cirlcle party for sure!!
That cake is amazing! Seriously, wow!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Oliver! And you can ride a bike too, what a big boy! Your mom is an amazing cake artist. It's about time you posted again!!!
ReplyDelete